To transfer your Favorites to another installation of Internet Explorer, you export a file of your favorites. Here’s how!
- Open up Internet Explorer.
- Click on the Star icon in the upper right corner.
- Click the down arrow next to Add to Favorites.
- Select Import and Export. An Import/Export Settings window will appear.
- Select Export to a file and then click Next.
- Select Favorites from the list and click Next, and then Next.
- Browse to where you want to save the exported Favorites file.
- Click Export.
Find the file you exported. Unless you renamed it, will be called bookmark.htm. Transfer this file to the machine where you want to import it.