Microsoft Outlook features the ability to open shared mailboxes in addition to your own personal email mailbox. This is often used by departments that utilize a shared departmental mailbox in which access is shared among the team. If you need to open an shared mailbox in Outlook, proceed with the steps below.
- Click the File tab
- Click Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Select your UC Davis email address in the account list and click Change
- Click More Settings
- Click the Advanced tab > Add
- Enter the email address of the shared mailbox and click OK. If you are unsure about the email address to use here, please check with a colleague who already has access to the shared mailbox or contact AdminITHelp@ucdavis.edu.
- Click Apply > OK > Next > Finish.
- The shared mailbox will now automatically display in your Folder pane in Outlook.