Safety Services employees using PowerPoint to give a presentation should use the PowerPoint template designed for units of the UC Davis Office of the Vice Chancellor and Chief Financial Officer.
To download a template, visit the VC-CFO Communication Resources Page. We recommend the second version of the template, which uses the commonly-used Lucinda Sans font.
o update the look of a PowerPoint presentation that you’ve already created, there is an easy way to apply a new template.
- Select and download the correct PowerPoint template for your audience. Be sure to save the PowerPoint template file to C:\Users\’your username’\Documents\Custom Office Templates or your computer’s desktop.
- Open that template by double clicking on it. Once open, DON’T click on the “New Slide” icon! Instead, click the button on the small arrow next to the text label reading “New Slide."
- You will then see a thumbnail image of all of the slide masters available in the template; at the very bottom, select “Reuse Slides.”
- A Reuse Slides box will open on the right of your main PowerPoint screen.
- In the Reuse Slides box, click the “Browse” button and then select "Browse File."
Locate the older PowerPoint presentation to be converted and click the "Open" button. A thumbnail image of all of your original slides will appear in the Reuse Slides box.
- Use the right click of your mouse on any one of the original slide thumbnails and select "Insert All Slides."
Your original slides will be updated appearing as new slide pages in the new PowerPoint presentation template.
Most standard text slides will convert automatically to the new format. More complex slides may need minor adjustments to follow the new format. Use the “Layout” button to select a different slide master for individual slides.
Save and name your new PowerPoint presentation.