It has come to our attention that our new voicemail system has a built-in security feature that would prompt a user to change the PIN (password) every six months. Communications Resources is currently working to change the feature to once a year.
If you have received a prompt to change your password or if your password has suddenly stopped working, you'll need to do the following.
- When you call 754-0054 (voicemail number) from your campus landline, put in your current PIN followed by #.
- When you reach the main menu, choose # 9 - User Options > #2 - Modify PIN which will direct you to enter a new PIN and press #.
- You should enter 123456. When finished, hang up, and enter the VM system again.
- When you enter the system, follow the same prompts and change your PIN back to your regular PIN that you're used to using.
- If your PIN has stopped working you should request email@example.com to have your PIN reset. The PIN will be reset to 123456. Then you would follow the directions above entering the PIN you're used to using on step #2 and omitting steps #3 and #4.