As of 11/18/2020, IET has added an option for 'Full-Tunnel' VPN connections.
Previously, the VPN only operated as 'Split-Tunnel.'
When you connect to the Campus VPN, you will be prompted to make your selection after passing DUO authentication:
Simply select Split-Tunnel and the VPN will continue to work as it has been.
Here are the major differences:
- Gives you access to all on campus resources.
- Network destined for off campus locations will not traverse the VPN; instead your client will use your regular ISP.
- Streaming sites are not blocked.
- Will not work for health.ucdavis.edu
- Gives you access to all on campus resources
- Gives you access to off campus resources that require a campus IP address for authorization such as library periodicals
- Will allow access to health.ucdavis.edu
- Will block streaming sites such as Netflix and Hulu.