Microsoft Outlook features the ability to open shared mailboxes in addition to your own personal email mailbox. This is often used by departments that utilize a shared departmental mailbox in which access is shared among the team. If you need to open an shared mailbox in Outlook, proceed with the steps below.
- In Outlook, click the Tools menu and then click Accounts...
- Click Advanced...
- In the next window, go to Delegates and click the + button
- Search by Name of the mailbox you wish to add to Outlook, select it, and then click Add
- Click OK
- Close the Accounts window.
- The shared mailbox will now automatically display in your in Outlook.